Like most Americans, I can't say I know much about the governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.
But I have read that during her relatively brief tenure, she's been a reformer who fought to raise taxes on oil companies, and then used the money to distribute $1,200 checks to Alaska residents.
This could be a winning tactic for the GOP ticket if they promise to do this on a national scale, but for some reason, I suspect it won't be part of the platform.
- Paul Yanez on Investigations show extensive harassment history in Park Service
- Mike Evans on Rants from the Hill: After many years of essay writing, a wave goodbye
- Karl Anderson on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Scott Christy on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition