While Oregon and Washington broil, the Southwest and Southern Rockies enjoy a welcome reprieve of moisture
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
Federal and state investigations have found lax safety practices at oil refineries going back a decade.
- Jim Scarborough on Environmentalists on both sides of the border eye Canadian election
- Tony Chiaviello on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steve Snyder on The Colorado River’s desalination plant is on its last legs
- Art Anderson on Can the pope bridge the climate divide?
- Art Anderson on Environmentalists on both sides of the border eye Canadian election