While Oregon and Washington broil, the Southwest and Southern Rockies enjoy a welcome reprieve of moisture
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
Federal and state investigations have found lax safety practices at oil refineries going back a decade.
- Richard Crow on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change