For an agency that researches non-lethal predator control, they sure kill a lot of critters. HCN writers discuss an agency trying to rethink its role.
Behind a lot of anti-fed sentiment, you’ll find ‘constitutional’ peace officers. Here’s why that’s worrying.
The remaining occupiers and their supporters speak live as FBI closes in on the Malheur wildlife refuge.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
Climate change has profound impacts on growing seasons and crop yields, but local solutions have promise.
The University of Colorado's business school is at the center of a controversy over oil and gas industry-funded research.
The greater sage grouse is at the center of the biggest experiment in the history of the Endangered Species Act.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
Hear a panel of experts discuss whether communities should have more authority over federal lands in their backyards.
- Mark Rozman on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Larry Glickfeld on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: The risks of ranching on a wild landscape
- Ed Morrow on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Ed Morrow on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.