For an agency that researches non-lethal predator control, they sure kill a lot of critters. HCN writers discuss an agency trying to rethink its role.
Behind a lot of anti-fed sentiment, you’ll find ‘constitutional’ peace officers. Here’s why that’s worrying.
The remaining occupiers and their supporters speak live as FBI closes in on the Malheur wildlife refuge.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
Climate change has profound impacts on growing seasons and crop yields, but local solutions have promise.
The University of Colorado's business school is at the center of a controversy over oil and gas industry-funded research.
The greater sage grouse is at the center of the biggest experiment in the history of the Endangered Species Act.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- James Connely on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off