In much of California, Arizona and New Mexico El Niño and La Niña have combined to create dry fuels, ready to burn.
ALEC is becoming increasingly involved in the public lands debate by providing model bills for Western states.
A new report shows most states are vulnerable to future increases in extreme heat, drought, and flooding.
Fire detection is becoming more technologically advanced, as the old-fashioned watchtower goes extinct.
A review of Jason A. Ramos and Julian Smith's “Smokejumper: A Memoir by One of America’s Most Select Airborne Firefighters“
- Frances Hohl on How Outward Bound lost, and found, itself
- Dale Lockwood on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Karl Anderson on Evicted by climate change
- Joe Cosentino on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Karl Anderson on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands