Centuries-old traditions offer guidance for water managers seeking resilience in an uncertain future.
In much of California, Arizona and New Mexico El Niño and La Niña have combined to create dry fuels, ready to burn.
A Southern Nevada Water Authority transfer is intended to get water to Las Vegas but could dry up his business.
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It’s too soon to stop water conservation efforts. News of the drought’s end are greatly exaggerated.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence