U.S. Forest Service
To avert the worst climate change impacts, old forests and their massive carbon reserves must be protected.
Bears Ears isn’t the only local effort to get Obama to designate protections before he leaves office.
Dozens of high-profile former federal employees sign a letter urging Congress to address Sagebrush Insurgency threats.
How mobilizing a small army of locals could nurture grassroots support for large-scale thinning efforts.
Whether grazing on public land is a ‘right’ or a ‘privilege’ is one of the region’s most contentious issues. Here’s why.
ALEC is becoming increasingly involved in the public lands debate by providing model bills for Western states.
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations