Obama mothballed the nuclear waste storage project. Now some Republicans seem determined to bring it back out.
Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
Sen. John McCain's proposal would give Border Patrol more immediate access to sensitive borderlands.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution