Rivers & Lakes
In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
A candidate for governor is drawing heat over revelations that he sued to close river access on the Gallatin River.
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
Concrete used to rebuild bridges on the Front Range appears to be the culprit for the deaths of 5,600 trout and other fish.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion
- Ruby Ram on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence