With the bird’s non-listing under the Endangered Species Act, expect more of the legal crawl that got us here in the first place.
The constitutionalist group Oath Keepers is defending a mine that the Forest Service says is out of compliance.
Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund