The staff of High Country News discuss the 44th president’s impact on the West’s land, energy and the environment.
While consensus supporting a designation grew, many Utah politicians argued that the president’s action is an abuse of power.
Obama’s efforts to help small-scale ranchers competing against Big Ag were blocked and ultimately fell short.
Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke evokes Roosevelt, but his record has veered away from environmental protection.
The staff of High Country News discuss the inherent paradoxes in the president-elect’s campaign promises.
Keeping track of rulemaking, policy decisions and other last actions before the Trump administration’s inauguration.
- Dale Lockwood on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Marlon H Poole on Tools for the wannabe Western weather prognosticator
- David W Hamilton on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence