The constitutionalist group Oath Keepers is defending a mine that the Forest Service says is out of compliance.
Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington