The staff of High Country News discuss the solutions small towns are trying to patch up their healthcare.
In Colorado, a new movement aims to provide an alternative for people experiencing mental health crises. But does it work?
Changing demographics, including an aging rural population, put more pressure on health care systems.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
These Nevada counties outrank almost anywhere else in the country for per capita veteran populations.
Interventions intended to reduce over-prescription of pain medicine may unintentionally be feeding a rise in heroin use in southwest Colorado.
- Dale Lockwood on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement