High Country News Book Store
Western Water 2-Book Set
• Water in the 21st Century West (312 pages, paperback)
• River Basins of the American West (320 pages, paperback)
Oregon State University Press, 2008-2009
A two-book set worthy of placement in any water wonk's library.
Buy the set and save 50%, only $29.95
River Basins of the American West
Examining water issues through the lens of major Western U.S. Watersheds, River Basins of the
American West explores why water has been, and remains, the West's most essential and
Editor Char Miller has organized writings collected from the pages of High Country News into sections defined by the great watersheds of the West: the Colorado River, the Rio Grande, the Columbia River, the Klamath River, and the Missouri River.
Oregon State University Press, 2009
320 pages, paperback
Water in the 21st Century West
Water in the 21st-Century West offers a timely look at
the central issue facing the American West -- the region's
diminishing water supply. It collects the best reporting
on the subject, drawn from the pages of High Country
News, the magazine that sets the standard for coverage of
environmental issues in the West.
From endangered species and Native american water rights to sprawl and the growing specter of climate change, this book captures the range and nature of the arguments that have defined water policies in the region over the past decade.
Oregon State University Press, 2008
312 pages, paperback
Water in the West
A primer on the region's most precious resource,
drawn from the pages of High Country News
Oregon State University Press, 2000
352 pages, paperback
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline