High Country News - Writers on the Range
The Prometheus Tree in Nevada was nearly 5,000 years old when it was cut down. It could have lived a lot longer.
For the benefit of all endangered species, hunters should face consequences for killing vulnerable species.
While consensus supporting a designation grew, many Utah politicians argued that the president’s action is an abuse of power.
Trump’s Interior secretary pick set high standards for himself, but his lofty promises to rural voters are a problem.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists