High Country News - Writers on the Range
A candidate for governor is drawing heat over revelations that he sued to close river access on the Gallatin River.
Advocates for federal-to-state land transfers have overlooked some of the implications, including higher grazing fees.
Montana biologist Chuck Jonkel, who recently passed away, invented bear spray — and saved bears in the process.
It’s too soon to stop water conservation efforts. News of the drought’s end are greatly exaggerated.
Alaska’s attempt to intrude on federal wildlife refuges has incensed the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for good reason.
- Ed Morrow on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Jake Sigg on Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- L Strader on Trial by fire
- ivonne cassaigne on The tenuous fate of the Southwest’s last jaguars
- william glasgow on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans