High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point