High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk