High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Vernon Brechin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Frank Matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Matt Chew on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts
- Jeffronimo Kingpin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway