High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Harvey H Reading on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Wayne L Hare on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Richard Jones on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Harvey H Reading on Should we accept invasive species that don’t cause harm?
- Richard Jones on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty