2011 Press Releases
High Country News contributing editor Matt Jenkins teams up with filmmakers Tyler Meason and Jennilyn Merten to produce an in-depth investigative story and short documentary introducing the marijuana community of California’s notorious “Emerald Triangle” and its struggle to bring a shadow economy into the light.
High Country News, the award-winning magazine covering the American West, has teamed up with the Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford University to produce a groundbreaking story on the rising influence of foreign countries, especially China, on the West’s extractive industries.
- Colleen Cabot on Meet the group that’s turning artists into nature’s advocates
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on Go ahead, control my guns
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Brandau on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.