Browse High Country News issues
In HCN’s second annual issue dedicated to the future of the West, we take a special look at urban sustainability. Packed with facts, figures, and uncommon narratives, this issue includes stories of new and surprising sustainability initiatives in Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and more.Browse issue Digital Edition
An old South Dakota mining town transforms itself by investing in an underground neutrino research facility, upstart kayakers try to get rivers opened to boaters in Yellowstone, mountain goats get paintballed in Idaho, and Southwesterners continue to be utterly fascinated with the possibilities of outer space.Browse issue Digital Edition
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution