September 6, 1993
Bald eagles are making a comeback after near extinction due to the pesticide DDT.
Alexander Cockburn's article in "The Nation" harshly criticizes Clinton's forest plan and the Sierra Club for going along with it.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service game warden Joel Scrafford is saved from a transfer by the nomination of Mollie Beatty.
The Forest Service says the former Mid-Continent coal mine site in Colorado could be difficult to reclaim.
The Mescalero tribe in New Mexico has applied for $2.8 million to study the effects of a possible nuclear waste repository on their reservation.
'American Ground Zero: The Secret Nuclear War' by Carole Gallagher shows the victims' side of nuclear testing.
A conference to discuss the protection and restoration of Colorado riparian areas takes place in Boulder.
Conference in Estes Park, Colo., focuses on economic development, land-use planning and sustainability.
The Rocky Mountain Front Advisory Council publishes "HomeFront', a new newsletter about the frontrange of the Rockies.
Northwest Media and Environment conference is planned to help the media get a better understanding of the Northwest.
David Brower and Denis Hayes will help the Montana Environmental Information Center celebrate its 20th anniversary.
The Thorne Ecological Institute and Environmental Protection Agency host a conference on wetlands management.
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands