August 9, 1993
Groundwater pumping dries Milt Thompson's Diamond Valley Ranch.
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
The Silver State Leasing Co. receives $100,000 fine for killing a desert tortoise during construction near Las Vegas.
Indian sacred sites are vulnerable to mining because the American Indian Religious Freedom Act has no teeth.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane