August 9, 1993
Groundwater pumping dries Milt Thompson's Diamond Valley Ranch.
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
The Silver State Leasing Co. receives $100,000 fine for killing a desert tortoise during construction near Las Vegas.
Indian sacred sites are vulnerable to mining because the American Indian Religious Freedom Act has no teeth.
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Beth & George Broyles on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans