August 9, 1993
Groundwater pumping dries Milt Thompson's Diamond Valley Ranch.
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
The Silver State Leasing Co. receives $100,000 fine for killing a desert tortoise during construction near Las Vegas.
Indian sacred sites are vulnerable to mining because the American Indian Religious Freedom Act has no teeth.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking