June 14, 1993
Oregon's Trojan nuclear power plant closes permanently after charges of safety violations.
The Colorado Legislature guts a bill protecting farmers' interests against the oil and gas industry.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The Greater Yellowstone Coaltion proposes a plan to protect the park as a "National Sustainable Ecosystem."
Forest Service District Ranger Don Oman is to be transferred from his southern Idaho forest district.
Clinton appoints officials to the BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, NPS, US Fish and Wildlife and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Paul Lindholdt on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Eaton on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Andy Grosland on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Charles Fox on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?