June 14, 1993
Oregon's Trojan nuclear power plant closes permanently after charges of safety violations.
The Colorado Legislature guts a bill protecting farmers' interests against the oil and gas industry.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The Greater Yellowstone Coaltion proposes a plan to protect the park as a "National Sustainable Ecosystem."
Forest Service District Ranger Don Oman is to be transferred from his southern Idaho forest district.
Clinton appoints officials to the BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, NPS, US Fish and Wildlife and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land