June 14, 1993
Oregon's Trojan nuclear power plant closes permanently after charges of safety violations.
The Colorado Legislature guts a bill protecting farmers' interests against the oil and gas industry.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The Greater Yellowstone Coaltion proposes a plan to protect the park as a "National Sustainable Ecosystem."
Forest Service District Ranger Don Oman is to be transferred from his southern Idaho forest district.
Clinton appoints officials to the BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, NPS, US Fish and Wildlife and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- E D Coleman on Sagebrush Insurgency connections
- Mark Rozman on Did Colorado leave residents of the Raton Basin with bad water?
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords