April 5, 1993
Aspen, Colo. grapples with the angst of being a rich resort town, a mill closure shakes Kremmling, Colo., Livingston, Mont. is caught off-guard by its popularity, and the West is transformed byte by byte.
A letter to the editor of a California paper criticizing range conditions causes a $32,000 libel suit.
A Dept. of Agriculture brucellosis study on Yellowstone bison is stopped by court order after intervention by the Fund for Animals.
A booklet titled 'Six Myths About the Future of Small Towns' suggests small towns shouldn't court industry.
Small towns are an important part of the ecosysytem, according to community consultant Luther Propst.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought