February 8, 1993
Several lawsuits say the government should compensate for land devalued in "takings" cases.
A ranch withdrawn from sale by Babbitt family members affects settlement of Navajo-Hopi land dispute.
Senator Max Baucus stands to profit more from mining on his ranch property than the public gains on its public lands under the 1872 Mining Law.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington