January 25, 1993
Bruce Babbitt will manage a fragmented and dysfunctional Department of the Interior.
Several Interior Department agencies are profiled, including the Fish and Wildlife Service, the National Park Service, the BLM, the Bureau of Reclamation and many others.
A Bush administration conspiracy destroys a plan for environmental protection in Yellowstone and costs a Park Service official her job.
Transfers among Forest Service employees from several Idaho national forests are political, employees say.
According to the EPA, bonds from the Summitville Consolidated Mining Co. don't cover hazardous waste cleanup costs.
A rancher decides to preserve land by selling it to the Bureau of Land Management rather than selling out to developers.
Public forums discussing the seven year drought will be hosted by the Nevada Water Resources Association.
The forest-watchdog group, Gold Creek Resources Protection Association, wins its first battle in a timber fight against the Burnt Bridge Timber Sale.
'Making A Change: A Student Guide to Social Change Internships in the Northern Rockies', describes internships in the west.
The book "Seeds of Change' examines massive agricultural changes arising from contact between the continents.
Excerpts from the House subcommittee staff report reveal details of of Lorraine Mintzmyer's transfer and changes to Yellowstone's "Vision" document.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum