The governor said Alaskans are angry at the Fisheries Service for reducing the allowable catch of salmon in southeastern Alaska to lower the risk of catching the endangered fish. He said people in his state find it hard to believe that "penalizing our fishermen, while allowing the Columbia River dams to kill up to 100 percent of all young Snake River fall chinook, is a responsible policy."
* John Rosapepe
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?
- Joel Barnes on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Louis F Good on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon