December 25, 1995
Utah's wilderness hearings stir controversy and draw vigorous support for more wilderness designation as the battle over wilderness in Utah lurches toward a vote in Congress.
A federal court charges Nevada rancher Cliff Gardner with trespassing and orders him to remove cattle from Humboldt National Forest.
Environmental groups help raise money to reintroduce a second batch of Canadian wolves to Idaho and to Yellowstone National Park.
The Bonneville Power Administration faces environmental and utility critics as it struggles to survive.
The Bonneville Power Administration was born in the Great Depression and now sells the power from 29 federal dams.
New Mexico Hispanics argue with environmentalists over firewood-gathering restrictions on national forests.
The Media and Democracy Congress invites journalists to San Francisco to hear discussions by 52 speakers.
A report revealed in November shows that the Department of Energy ranked reporters by how well they treated the agency.
A report by the General Accounting Office shows that killing is the most frequent method for controlling predators used by the federal government.
In this book "Bird Brains: The Intelligence of Crows, Ravens, Magpies, and Jays," writer Candace Savage celebrates Corvid IQs.
A checklist highlights the difference between the area preserved by the Utah Public Lands Act of 1995 and the Redrock Wilderness Act.
In a surprise move that delighted environmentalists, Utah Republican James Hansen is forced to withdraw his delegation's wilderness bill from the House debate.
Activist Ray Wheeler sets an intense pace as he personally lobbies in D.C. for wilderness preservation in Utah.
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands