April 14, 2014
A paralyzed athlete pushes the limits of adventure sports, a prime grizzly-watching spot, monster mosquitoes, travel horror stories and more from our third-annual Travel Issue.
A few tourists get close to amazing numbers of bears catching salmon at Alaska's McNeil River Falls.
For a strange trip, check out Nevada’s otherworldly Stonehenge of wildly painted abandoned vehicles.
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists