March 17, 2014
As California kicks its coal habit, economies across the West feel ripple effects. The Navajo Nation digs into its coal economy, geoduck fishermen in the Pacific Northwest take a new tack, and more.
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Paul Lindholdt on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Eaton on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Andy Grosland on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Charles Fox on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?