March 4, 2013
Mammoth Lakes, California and the rest of the ski industry face climate change. Also, Obama nominates a recreation industry magnate as Secretary of the Interior, the information age renders remote archeological sites increasingly accessible, Lake Mead reveals a long-sunken ghost town, scientists track the surprising and increasingly urban movement of mountain lions, and more.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas