Name: Lloyd Kreitzer
Hometown: Albuquerque, N.M.
Vocation: "Fignatic": collects, raises and sells fig trees and other fruit plants. Also a storyteller, massage therapist and herbalist.
What's in his backyard greenhouses: 89 varieties of fig, including Kadota, white and black Bacas, Violet de Bordeaux, and many unnamed varieties.
Fascinating figtoid: Some figs are self-pollinating; others need freckle-sized wasps to crawl inside the fruit and pollinate its internal flowers.
What's for sale at his farmers market stand: Plants, including figs, grapes, pomegranates, prickly pears, nettle, goji berries, jujubes; fig leaf tea; fig-scented soap; chair massages.
If he could change the world: Plants would leave us notes telling why they died, and humans would have tails to create mischief in elevators.
- Thomas Arvensis on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Robert Parker on Sagebrush Insurgency connections
- Wayne L Hare on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Jordan on New leader steps up for the American Lands Council
- Carrie Casagram on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs