February 4, 2013
The Oglala Lakota may soon manage the first tribal national park, but transforming the bombed-out landscape won’t be easy. Also, the West debates gun control, cleaning up hardrock mine pollution isn't easy, a letterpress newspaper alive in well in rural Colorado, restoring rivers, and more.
- Dale Lockwood on Mule deer in decline, crude oil spills and violence against federal staffers.
- G M Ferguson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Kathy Dimont on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Rich Schrader on How the West will feel groundwater shortages
- Rich Schrader on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson