September 16, 2013
With some of the West's most insightful authors as our guides, each fall we briefly set aside the news to create a special books/essays issue and take a more reflective look at our region. This year's books/essays issue explores ways of looking at a landscape and locating ourselves within it.
- Mike Senchyna on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Jodi Peterson on The beaver whisperer
- Patrick Johnston on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs