August 5, 2013
Development and an unproven conservation strategy put the desert tortoise in a tight spot, life in the Bakken for its few female workers, water pollution in the eyes of the EPA and a Utah community, and more.
A hanging flume, attached to a canyon wall, captures the imagination of locals and heritage tourists alike.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town