December 10, 2012
We're learning a lot by tracking millions of animals, but are we losing some of the heart of wildlife biology? Also, more energy means more water use, ocean acidification threatens oysters, a development conflict in the Grand Canyon, and more.
Opinionated Americans ask to create the 51st state of Jefferson on the West Coast and ride their ATVS where they please, among other things.
When determining who is poor, the Census Bureau takes geography into account in its Supplemental Poverty Measure.
As fossil fuel emissions lower the ocean’s pH, Pacific Northwest shellfish growers face an uncertain future.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics