December 10, 2012
We're learning a lot by tracking millions of animals, but are we losing some of the heart of wildlife biology? Also, more energy means more water use, ocean acidification threatens oysters, a development conflict in the Grand Canyon, and more.
Opinionated Americans ask to create the 51st state of Jefferson on the West Coast and ride their ATVS where they please, among other things.
When determining who is poor, the Census Bureau takes geography into account in its Supplemental Poverty Measure.
As fossil fuel emissions lower the ocean’s pH, Pacific Northwest shellfish growers face an uncertain future.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum
- Alaina Huxtable on Blood Quantum