Name John Mionczynski
Occupation: Many, ranging over the years from outdoor educator and motorcycle tour guide to game warden and firefighter.
Growing in his handbuilt greenhouse: Grapes, hybrid strawberries developed by a friend, cucumbers, sweet peppers, green beans, garlic, tomatoes, kale, giant leeks and comfrey to treat burns.
Rarely leaves home without: A squeezebox, which he started
playing as a kid to help rehabilitate a crushed elbow. He's outfitted
his button accordion with a compartment for a first-aid kit and some
Marital status :"Not yet," he says. "But I'm still young."
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington