Name John Mionczynski
Occupation: Many, ranging over the years from outdoor educator and motorcycle tour guide to game warden and firefighter.
Growing in his handbuilt greenhouse: Grapes, hybrid strawberries developed by a friend, cucumbers, sweet peppers, green beans, garlic, tomatoes, kale, giant leeks and comfrey to treat burns.
Rarely leaves home without: A squeezebox, which he started
playing as a kid to help rehabilitate a crushed elbow. He's outfitted
his button accordion with a compartment for a first-aid kit and some
Marital status :"Not yet," he says. "But I'm still young."
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking