Name John Mionczynski
Occupation: Many, ranging over the years from outdoor educator and motorcycle tour guide to game warden and firefighter.
Growing in his handbuilt greenhouse: Grapes, hybrid strawberries developed by a friend, cucumbers, sweet peppers, green beans, garlic, tomatoes, kale, giant leeks and comfrey to treat burns.
Rarely leaves home without: A squeezebox, which he started
playing as a kid to help rehabilitate a crushed elbow. He's outfitted
his button accordion with a compartment for a first-aid kit and some
Marital status :"Not yet," he says. "But I'm still young."
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born