November 12, 2012
Is there a way through the Wests's bitter wild horse wars? Also, learning from the Gila wildfire, the "war" on coal, deformed frogs, finding hipsters in Green River, Utah, and more.
A new form of geothermal energy has the potential to revolutionize U.S. power production, if costs come down.
New Mexico's Gila National Forest is a good natural laboratory for studying the effects of wildfire.
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists