Name: Larry Schwitters
Hometown: Issaquah, Washington
Claim to Fame: Has climbed the highest peak in every state except Alaska.
Nickname: He's sometimes called Dr. Swift, a moniker he accepts with some reservations. "At this point," he says, "I'm more like Grandfather Swift."
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing
- Tom Darnell on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Thomas Arvensis on How the Park Service is planning for climate change
- Dale Lockwood on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Dale Lockwood on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness