January 23, 2012
In Salt Lake City and other Western communities, billboard companies battle local democracy. Also in this issue: Buying out grazing permits to solve public lands conflicts, mom-and-pop energy companies risk a lot to find new reserves, A lawsuit raises questions about how far environmentalists should go to keep wilderness 'untrammeled.', and much more.
- Harold Johnson on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Bri Stone on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Gordon Sargent on Go ahead, control my guns
- Patrick Alexander on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline
- Michael Bryant on Go ahead, control my guns