Name: Jeff Rice
University of Utah Research librarian and co-founder of the Western Soundscape Archive, a library of 3,000 animal recordings
Favorite Place to Record:
The Southwest, because the region's low humidity and air turbulence only minimally alter and mute sound waves.
One of His Favorite Sounds:
The high-pitched squeak of the northern grasshopper mouse.
GPS, parabolic dish, Sennheiser microphones, Sound Devices 50-gig recorder, portable recorder, lapel mikes, Sony recorder, bat detector, hydrophone (for fish), and lots of rechargeable AA batteries.
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands