Name: Hersh Saunders
Nickname The Cowboy Rabbi
Occupation/Vocation Prosthodontist/Rabbi and shochet, or kosher slaughterer.
Unofficial Duties Chief guardian and mixer of the compost heap.
He says "Every community (used to have) a rabbi. And either the rabbi was a shochet, or there was someone who had learned with the rabbi and was appointed the shochet, and you trusted that person. ... It brings (meat production) into a much lower volume and makes it local -- you know me, and that's how it used to be."
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked