January 24, 2011
Kane County, Utah, heart of the Sagebrush Rebellion and an off-road vehicle paradise, is also home to a growing number of environmentalists, hikers and animal lovers.
Highway avalanche control gets harder as mountain communities grow and skiers flock to the backcountry.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
According to scientific reviewers, Obama's new draft for managing the northern spotted owl is better than Bush's plan but still flawed.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas