December 7, 2009
A tribal attempt to protect New Mexico’s Mount Taylor spawns a bitter struggle over uranium mining, religious differences and dueling historical claims to an ancient landscape.
High Country News invites readers to a holiday open house; readers on road trips; board member John Heyneman joins Sonoran Institute’s Partnership for Wyoming's Future.
- Frank Matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Matt Chew on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts
- Jeffronimo Kingpin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road