Not mentioned in this story are the efforts of organizations like the Clean Water Action Project, which organized a voter registration drive that signed up a significant number of new voters in the 11th Congressional District, including many Hispanics. That contribution was enough that the California director of Clean Water Action, Erich Pfuehler, then assumed the job as Jerry McNerney's chief of staff.
While I fully agree with the tactic, the Defenders' execution of it, especially in the Pombo case, was decidedly amateur.
Wesley C. Rolley Morgan Hill, California
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline