Not mentioned in this story are the efforts of organizations like the Clean Water Action Project, which organized a voter registration drive that signed up a significant number of new voters in the 11th Congressional District, including many Hispanics. That contribution was enough that the California director of Clean Water Action, Erich Pfuehler, then assumed the job as Jerry McNerney's chief of staff.
While I fully agree with the tactic, the Defenders' execution of it, especially in the Pombo case, was decidedly amateur.
Wesley C. Rolley Morgan Hill, California
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists