Finally, while editor Jonathan Thompson's introductory remarks were, in most respects, well-considered, calling it "self-murder"made me wince. When one of my friends died, a misguided minister came to visit and asked if he could say a prayer. He prayed for me, my family, her family and friends. And then he said, "Amen."
I asked, "What about the woman we just buried?"He replied, "I can't pray for her - she made her own choice." Suggesting that suicide is a sin is hardly comforting.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas