Finally, while editor Jonathan Thompson's introductory remarks were, in most respects, well-considered, calling it "self-murder"made me wince. When one of my friends died, a misguided minister came to visit and asked if he could say a prayer. He prayed for me, my family, her family and friends. And then he said, "Amen."
I asked, "What about the woman we just buried?"He replied, "I can't pray for her - she made her own choice." Suggesting that suicide is a sin is hardly comforting.
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born