March 3, 2008
California’s Salton Sea is at a crossroads, but whether it dries up and blows away or is restored and rejuvenated, the future does not look bright for its resident renegades, retirees and recluses.
In Five Skies, novelist Ron Carlson tells the terse and occasionally poetic stories of three emotionally damaged men working in Idaho for the summer.
- Kyle Klain on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Thomas Arvensis on Snowpack is melting fast, despite April storms
- Larry Glickfeld on As Lake Mead sinks, states agree to more drastic water cuts
- Jason Brustad on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.