October 15, 2007
Plans to fence as much as possible of the U.S.-Mexico border could derail the return of rare jaguars to the Southwest.
Land managers working on post-fire restoration in Utah have to battle invasive cheatgrass in their efforts to bring back the native sagebrush.
Ranchers in southeastern Colorado are fighting the Army, which wants to expand its Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy