Every cow on public lands is eating forage that would otherwise support native species like elk. Even the mere presence of livestock can socially displace native species like elk, leaving fewer native prey for wolves to feed upon. And it is an outrage that anyone should be permitted to kill our wildlife, particularly an endangered species, merely to facilitate the private profit of a destructive and outdated industry.
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Wendy Beye on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution