Every cow on public lands is eating forage that would otherwise support native species like elk. Even the mere presence of livestock can socially displace native species like elk, leaving fewer native prey for wolves to feed upon. And it is an outrage that anyone should be permitted to kill our wildlife, particularly an endangered species, merely to facilitate the private profit of a destructive and outdated industry.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics