December 11, 2006
Former Park Service supervisors Bill Wade and Ron Arnberger formed the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees to defend the national parks from what they see as the Bush administration’s ill-conceived changes. Also in this issue: Six decades after Friant Dam killed off the San Joaquin River’s spring-run chinook, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Friant Water Users Authority are working with the federal government to restore both the fish and the river.
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Paul Lindholdt on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Eaton on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Andy Grosland on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Charles Fox on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?