November 27, 2006
Among the top 10 lessons gained from the 2006 midterm elections is that there can be no doubt now of the West’s rising importance as a center of political power. Also in this issue: A new plan to steer energy development away from cultural sites in New Mexico could streamline energy development, fund archaeological research and preserve ancient sites all at once.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought