November 27, 2006
Among the top 10 lessons gained from the 2006 midterm elections is that there can be no doubt now of the West’s rising importance as a center of political power. Also in this issue: A new plan to steer energy development away from cultural sites in New Mexico could streamline energy development, fund archaeological research and preserve ancient sites all at once.
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists