June 12, 2006
Phoenix, Ariz., is determined to disprove the idea that the West will someday run out of water and that every boom has to come to an end. Also in this issue: Newly appointed Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne has a chance to use his deal-making abilities to bring change to the way Western public lands are managed.
- Larry Glickfeld on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Barbara Cella on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Randy Welch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Todd McWelch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing