May 1, 2006
An unusual grassroots coalition of citizen activists stops a coal-fired merchant power plant from being built in Idaho’s Magic Valley. Also in this issue: Despite the promises of the Healthy Forests Act, the Bush administration has proposed sweeping cuts to community fire programs in the West.
- James C Nelson on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Mark Rozman on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Karl Anderson on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Paul Thomson on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Stephen Krieg on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah